Wind gently blew, stroking the white transparant curtain, sneaking up into the blanket, brushing our warm summer skins.
Fresh Lily in my mother’s vas turns its back at us, smiling to the clouds -- hiding from the embarrassment of seeing two people in love.
Laughing between kisses, our eyes lock. His eyes drop, but as soon as he finds me, he puts his lips on mine again.
The warmth intensifies. The beads of sweat fall like glittering Crystal of morning dew. His lips lift up into a smile. I refuse to let him go even for a second. Gazing at his brown eyes; feeling every inches of his body. He always looks so strong, arms in protecting gestures, posture like a soldier, but beneath all those, I know his heart is aching.
"Lila..."
His hands clutch at either sides of the pillow. His ribs expands and contracts within my embrace. Moving back and forth inside me, I feel the same warmth, the same passion. Breaths turned deep and rapidly as I give him signals that my body is exploding with desires. However, I know best... our bodies intertwine into one, but not our hearts.
My love
Yet...
I still love you... and nothing could ever change that.
Looking at my eyes, he catches my desperation as his hand cups the fragile bones of my chin.
Soft lips brush the damp skin on my forehead.
“Thank you, love.” Whispers rustles into my ears.
I don’t need those kind words. 'Thank you' means that he knows I’m trying to comfort him, but it goes for nothing.
Is it hard? Is it hard for him to just cry on my shoulder?
“I’m your wife.” I desperately says.
I know this is not the right moment -- and he doesn’t need to be reminded either, but I need to let him know ... “You need to trust me, love.”
I look at him in a way I have never seen him before.
His eyes are getting wet.
He's not crying.
In fact he hasn't cried since he received the call.
“I’m alright.” He smiles, stroking my cheek full of thoughts. His head lowers and slowly collapses on my chest.
I pull the blanket up to cover the susceptible skin on his back.
“ I love you.” I gently kiss him on his forehead.“It wasn't your fault."
He turns to silence. His body is trembling.
He’s crying.
***
Dave:
I watch Lila as she puts her lipstick on. It's always a wonder to see how a woman adorns her face with colors. Flicking through the magazine while I'm sitting on our bed, my eyes slightly glance at the watch wrapped around my wrist. It will be thirty minutes left to meet Miss Miracle, the new psychiatrist in the department.
“At what time you should meet Dr. Raine?” Lila turns to me.
"Dr. Raine.. ?" I close the magazine and put it aside. Yeah, it’s her name. Dr. Raine. Not Miss Miracle.
Every one in the department talks about her, and how they have always managed to find an excuse to visit her office in the hopes of getting to know her, well... to be honest to take a view of her sexy feet. Me? I just want to wrap this whole case, and end the visits soon. I don't want to talk this nonsense that I care about you, and we should discuss about your feelings.
Taking one or two days off is not going to help me. I need to work, I need to divert my mind.
I need to forget.
To be Continued
This has such great promise! I can't wait to see where you go with it!
ReplyDeleteAww.. thank you, Thea! I will try to post the next sooner.
ReplyDeleteThis was just beautiful MJ! I loved reading from the two different POV's. Nicely done and I look forward to more! :)
ReplyDeleteOh and the song was perfect. Love 99% of all the Twilight songs. ;)
Jennifer! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI feel that my writing is growing since I write about them. And I love writing about them even though Dave is not that funny and cheerful guy like he used to, but he still loves his family and his wife so much. :)
I love that song. It has special meaning to their story. I hope you didn't imagine Bella and Edward while reading this, though :D
ReplyDeleteThank you again so much, Jennifer!
I feel the same way when I write about my sim couples too. I think that writing intimate scenes forces you, in a way, to write better. Everyone is capable of writing these scenes but are they confident enough to put them on the page. ;)
ReplyDeleteI must take the time to read some of The Love of a Firefighter. Just so I can see what Dave & Lila were like back then. I know you said that you were going to write it in a way so that we wouldn't have to read the previous story, BUT--I'd still like to read it!
Haha! Oh no, I imagined Dave & Lila of course! :)
I will be so happy if you have the time to read it. :)
ReplyDeleteI guess that so far I have been "over" confident in writing these stories. :D Sometimes, I think that maybe I should not have started writing them in the first place, but I believe that my writing will keep improving over time. By posting them on my blog, I keep motivating myself to write more. As for writing intimate scene, maybe I will not go to far from this. I hope I have sent the essence of the scene, though. :)
This story doesn't have screenshots for this post , but there will be more for the next. The next is coming soon, but I have piles of works to do until the end of this week. *sigh*
If I can finish those paper sooner, maybe I will have the time to write :)
MJ! I'm finally taking a major NaNoWriMo break and try to catch up with a few of the things I want to.
ReplyDeleteI love Dave and Lila. The scene is very emotional, lovely words.
As for "Sometimes, I think that maybe I should not have started writing them in the first place, but I believe that my writing will keep improving over time." You definitely need to write them. Don't doubt, just do. (if it makes you feel any better, I doubt mine as well. A lot.)
I'm so glad you've come back to them, and it's well worth the read. Keep going.
Thanks PiB. Thank you for taking a break in your NaNoWriMo writing. Thank you as well for the encouragement. It really means a lot. Hugs for you :)
ReplyDeleteI am too now being completely occupied by work and RL, so it will take a while until the next update or until I'm able to catch up with your or anyone's blog.
I'm glad that you enjoyed reading them.
It's near Nov 30th, but I have no doubt that you will be able to complete the novel. :)